Updated as at 15th Jan 2021
Overview and Scope
- Your personal data privacy is important to us and TaraBliss is highly committed to respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy and in a way that complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”) and to ensure the privacy of our customers.
- This Personal Data Protection Policy of TaraBliss (“Policy”) is intended to help you understand our policies and practices with respect to personal data that is collected, used, disclosed and/or retained by us in Singapore. It is also intended to inform you as to how you may seek access to and correction of your personal data as well as how to make an inquiry and, if necessary, make a complaint relating to our handling of that data. Unless stated otherwise, this Policy is relevant to the personal data of both our current and former customers, as well as other individuals which we may deal with.
- References to “TaraBliss”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy includes, individually and collectively, TaraBliss and its subsidiaries that collect, use and/or disclose personal data in Singapore.
- By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products and services offered by us, you agree and consent to us, as well as our respective representatives and/or agents collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and/or sharing amongst themselves your personal data, and disclosing such personal data to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us in respect of your personal data and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use, disclose and/or retain your personal data.
This Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect, use, disclose and/or retain?
In this Policy, “personal data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
TaraBliss may collect, use, disclose and/or retain the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in website online forms or social media online forms, when giving feedback, asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- If and when you contact TaraBliss (i.e. telephone calls, messages, online chat programmes, social media, and emails), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website, programmes, and apps including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- When you fill-up customer data form online or hardcopy and membership programmes ;
- If you enter into any contract with TaraBlissor purchase any products/services from TaraBliss;
- If you participate in any exhibition, event or workshop organised by TaraBliss or where TaraBliss is a participant;
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional personal data;
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events at our premises;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- When you fill up surveys administered by our third party surveying service providers;
- When we seek information from third parties about you in connection with the products and services you have applied for; and/or
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
When you browse our website(s), or use our application(s) and/or digital services, you generally do so anonymously but please see our policy on cookies below. We do not, at our website(s), application(s) and digital services, automatically collect personal data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
TaraBliss may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above, and not limited to:
- Full name;
- Mailing and residential addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Mobile numbers;
- Date of Birth;
- Photos and CCTV/Videos;
- Medical History and/or skin conditions;
- Credit Card
- Loyalty Programme Submission
- Employment History
- Website, Social Media, Text Messages information
What purposes does TaraBliss Collect, Use, Disclose And/Or Retain Personal Data?
TaraBliss may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out TaraBliss obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; (i.e. purchase and delivery of TaraBliss products and services);
- For payment administration and processing purposes;
- To provide you with membership benefits and services;
- To enable TaraBliss subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with TaraBliss;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries; (including payments for products and services);
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of TaraBliss products, services, activities and events;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, and planning of events;
- To improve TaraBliss customer service through your feedback and recommendations that can be conducted via research, surveys and/or interviews;
- To improve membership/ customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- To facilitate data analysis and business planning purposes;
- To process your enquiries and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- To keep your updated on our events and social
- For communications, sales and marketing efforts and leads generation;
- To redeem our marketing activities promotions and birthday vouchers
- To manage sign-up and administration of events/lucky draws/ promotions;
- To send regular e-newsletter and promotion messages;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes, including but not limited to, government grant applications, etc.;
- For security, safety surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
Marketing/optional purposes: From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), facsimile or social media platforms, to inform you about our membership benefits, services and events that we think may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
You may indicate your consent to the above by the following ways:
- when providing us with your personal data through our website(s) and app, or a form, ticking boxes indicating your consent; or
- when providing us with your personal data through the telephone, tell our customer representative that you consent; or you may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by:
(a) following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications;
(b) writing to us at the address listed below; or
(c) updating your email subscriptions by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service-related notices.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers. These agents and service providers include:
- Affiliated companies within TaraBliss for marketing and administrative purposes (i.e. verification and IT purposes); and
- Marketing partners and third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators providing IT, website, customer relationship management and marketing support) who perform functions such as marketing.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, TaraBliss may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected. TaraBliss shall not be liable for any damage, claim and/or harm suffered by you as a result of your failure to update us of any change of your Personal Data.
If you are under 16 years of age, you may browse the TaraBliss website. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not designed for persons under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
Does TaraBliss disclose Personal Data to third parties?
TaraBliss may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
Subject to the requirements of applicable laws, your personal data may be disclosed by us for the purposes listed above in section 4 above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties:
(a) Affiliated companies of TaraBliss;
(b) A company subjected to a collective agreement with one of our affiliates;
(c) Companies providing services relating to medical screening, marketing and consultancy to us, including but not limited to hospitals, clinics or insurance companies in connection with claims;
(d) Agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide operational services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, payment, payroll, data processing, training, market research, carding, storage and archival;
(e) Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services in connection with the courses, programmes and events organised, conducted and administered by us;
(f) Our partners or collaborators in our courses, programmes and events;]
(g) Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving us;
(h) External banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
(i) Our professional advisers such as our consultants, auditors and lawyers;
(j) Third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branded programme providers;
(k) Business partners that provides any membership services and benefits;
(l) Any person to whom we are under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, self-regulatory or industry bodies or industry recognised bodies;
(m) Any person to whom disclosure of personal data is necessary in order for us to validly effect, manage, administer and/or enforce any services requested or authorised by you;
(n) Any person in connection with the purposes set forth above; and/or
(o) Any other person whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
On occasion, TaraBliss may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under “What purposes does TaraBliss Collect, Use, Disclose and/or Retain Personal Data?” You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on TaraBliss website or continuing to engage with TaraBliss.
TaraBliss may use and disclose your Personal Data to perform your instructions and, as relevant, (a) comply with legislative and regulatory requirements; (b) protect or defend our property, services and legal rights; c) Prevent fraud against TaaBlissand others; (d) take emergency measures for the purpose of securing the safety of customers, TaraBliss, or the general public.
TaraBliss may transfer the Personal Data to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers. TaraBliss will not transfer Personal Data outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long does TaraBliss retain your Personal Data?
Any personal data provided to or collected by us is controlled primarily by us. All personal data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure.
- When you visit any of TaraBliss websites, TaraBliss may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users, frequency of use and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, common entry and exit points into our website(s) as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation for a better online experience with us.
- In addition to our cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies, analytics tag, web beacons, web server logs, to report usage statistics of the services, deliver advertisements on and through the services, and so on.
How does TaraBliss protect your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we hold about you may be stored on cloud service providers hosted in Singapore. TaraBliss implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, TaraBliss cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from TaraBliss website
Withdrawal of consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use, disclosure and/or retention of your personal data as set out in this Policy, you may contact us at:
TARABLISS SKIN HEALTH & WELLNESS
452 North Bridge Rd, #05-00/#06-00 Chan Brothers Building,
Contact number: +65 6336 9274
Email address: email@example.com
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide membership benefits and services to you. Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any membership that you may have with us.
TaraBliss reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.
For other membership related matters, please us email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accuracy of your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data in our possession or under our control is accurate and up-to-date at the point of collection and at regular intervals afterwards. If there is any change in your personal data, you should inform us as soon as possible and in any event within any relevant prescribed period to enable us to update our data.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request and obtain access to certain personal data that is in our possession or under our control and to have personal data relating to you which is inaccurately corrected in certain circumstances.
Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.